Posters have come a long way in the past few decades with digitization providing ongoing opportunities for all kinds of digital printing for signage and for decorative purposes in both domestic and commercial settings. Today posters of all kinds can be printed in just about any size on a wide range of materials. Even shape possibilities are varied.
Wallace Graphics is proud to be in a position to be able to print the full spectrum of posters to meet an incredibly varied market.
What is a Large Format Poster?
Traditionally, a poster was simply a large printed picture, often a photograph with a small amount of text that was intended to be pasted on the wall. Sometimes posters were framed, sometimes they were box-mounted without any form of protection. Sometimes they were literally pasted on walls.
Contemporary large format posters are more sophisticated and they are often designed with a more significant message, sometimes specifically with marketing in mind. Additionally, a much wider category of signage falls under the definition of a poster, simply because it fits the format and design category.
Products that may be produced in poster form include:
- Snap frame posters that are designed specifically to fit into front-loaded snap frames that enable you to change the poster as frequently as you wish.
- Signs printed in full color for a multitude of purposes and uses including:
- Sidewalk signs
- A-frame advertising signs
- Rigid plastic signs that incorporate the poster
- Aluminum signs
- Building signs
Printing Materials Used for Posters
Our top quality printing machines enable us to print on a wide range of material types from paper, foam-board and acrylics to vinyl. Some of the most common materials used for printing posters include:
- Matte or glossy photographic paper. The gloss surface will generally look more vibrant but it will reflect light. Both types can be laminated for longevity depending on your needs. We offer gloss, matte, and heavy-duty crystal lamination for paper-printed posters. Mainly used for indoor use and can be rolled and tubed for easy shipping.
- Thicker “board” that we print on. These products include form-board that is basically Styrofoam with a paper back and front. Brands include Foamcore and Gatorboard which is tougher.
- PVC sheeting that comes in various thickness from 1 mm to 6 mm.
- 50 pt board that is a 100 percent recycled material that is ideal for ever-changing point-of-sale displays.
- Plastic cardboard like Coroplast that is available in thicknesses from 4 mm to 10 mm. This a great solution for outdoor applications such as yard signs and A-frame Signs that require longevity and durability.
- High density polyethylene that is clad with an aluminum back and front. Ideal for kiosk signage, the brand we use is Omega-Bond.
- Top quality vinyl that is available in gloss and matte finishes. This material can be used successfully both inside or outside.
Custom Posters From Wallace Graphics
Whether you need large format posters for indoor or outdoor display, and whether you want products that will be reasonably permanent or simply temporary, the professional team at Wallace Graphics will find the best solution to meet your needs. We pride ourselves on using the best available printing technologies and choosing the very best materials and methods of printing to meet the needs of every single customer. Our quality control is stringent, and we care about every job however big or small.
If you need any type of digitally produced sign or poster, please don’t hesitate to contact Wallace Graphics for more information and an obligation-free quotation. We pride ourselves on our customer care and will do all we can to ensure your poster is perfect for your needs!